You can get a free Big Mac at McDonald’s next week thanks to the fast food chain’s “SZN of Sharing” promotion.
The month-long effort included discounts and even a chance to win a lifetime of free McDonald’s — but next week, you can get their most iconic burger for next to nothing. From Monday December 19th to Wednesday December 21st you can buy one Big Mac and get another one free.
This BOGO deal requires you to order the burger from the chain’s MyMcDonald’s Rewards app. The app will have other deals as well. From December 22nd through December 23rd, you can order a double cheeseburger for 50 cents. On Christmas Eve you can get 4 pieces (of your choice) for $4.
The Big Mac has been a fan favorite since 1967
The McDonald’s Big Mac is a classic fast food sandwich that has been a fan favorite since it first appeared in 1967. The sandwich consists of two meat patties, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions and special sauce. Sesame bun.
One of the things that sets the Big Mac apart from other fast food burgers is its special sauce. This creamy, tangy dressing is made with a combination of mayonnaise, sweet pickles, yellow mustard, white wine vinegar, garlic powder, onion powder, and paprika. The exact recipe for the special sauce has never been made public, but many people have tried to recreate it at home.
The Big Mac remains an icon, but not without controversy
The Big Mac has become a cultural icon in the fast food world. It has been featured in numerous television shows, movies, and songs, and was even the subject of a popular ad campaign urging consumers to “Ask for a Big Mac by name.”
Despite its popularity, the Big Mac has also become the subject of controversy. Some criticize the sandwich for its high calorie and fat content, while others argue that it is a tasty and convenient option for people on the go. Regardless of what people think of the Big Mac, it remains a staple of the McDonald’s menu and a favorite fast food item around the world.
In addition to the classic version, McDonald’s has also introduced several variations of the Big Mac over the years, including the Big Mac Jr., which is a smaller version of the original, and the Grand Mac, which includes larger patties and buns. Some markets also have vegetarian and vegan options.
This is not the first Big Mac promotion
McDonald’s used a variety of advertising campaigns to promote the Big Mac to consumers. Here are some examples of Big Mac ads that you’ll definitely remember:
- “Two all beef patties, special sauce, lettuce, cheese, pickles, onions, on a sesame seed bun.” This is probably the most famous Big Mac slogan of all time. It was first used in the 1970s and has been used in various forms since then.
- “Big Mac Attack”. This slogan was used in the 1980s to promote the Big Mac as a satisfying and desirable fast food option.
- “The Big Mac Index”. In 1986, The Economist magazine introduced a universal economic indicator called the “Big Mac Index”, which compares the prices of Big Macs in different countries as a way to measure the purchasing power of different currencies. This index has been used in various types of advertising over the years.
- “I love.” This slogan was introduced in 2003 and has since been widely used in McDonald’s advertising, including Big Mac campaigns.
- “The Big Mac: A World Icon”. In recent years, McDonald’s has promoted the Big Mac as a global brand and cultural icon, with advertising campaigns highlighting the sandwich’s widespread popularity around the world.
Alec Korabi is the co-founder of the ETNT Health channel and managing editor of Eat This, Not That! Read more about Alec