This guide will show you how to use Memoji on your iPhone. Memoji is a fun way for anyone to create an animated version of themselves, or they can try another Memoji costume and disguise.
It can be a great way to add a little personal touch to your messages, and we’re going to show you how to get the most out of the Memoji features available on your iPhone.
Thanks to Apple expanding Memoji in iOS 13, users with an iPhone 6S or iPad 5th generation or newer can now create and customize their own Memoji AppleInsider).
How to create a new Memoji
- Go to Messages.
- Open any message and scroll from within the message to the app bar at the top of the keyboard until you find both Memoji and stickers.
- Choose stickers. Then press the three dots on the left.
- Select a new emoji.
- If you’ve never created a Memoji before, you can do so directly from Memoji by selecting Memoji under Notifications in the app bar and then selecting the + button.
- This will bring up the Memoji screen where you can edit the features of your Memoji.
- Scroll through the different options by swiping left or right. This presents different styles that you can edit.
Additionally, scrolling up or down will also create more styling options.
When you’re done, select Done.
In addition to being able to create your own Memoji, you can also send custom Memoji expressions to your friends and family. If your device supports Face ID (iPhone X or later), you can use your camera to make Memoji mimic your facial expressions. You can also choose Memoji expressions that Apple has provided.
How to send Memoji stickers via iMessage
Required time: 2 minutes.
How to send Memoji stickers via messages.
- Open messages.
- Within a notification, go to the app bar and scroll until you find Memoji or stickers.
- Use Stickers to send static Memoji stickers.
This will generate different Memoji poses and also give you the option to choose from other Memoji.
- Selecting Memoji from the app bar will use your front-facing camera to match your Memoji to your facial expression.
Once you’ve chosen the expression you want, click on your Memoji. You will then be able to send Memoji via Messages.
- You can also use the red record button to animate the Memoji.
Look for the red button in the lower right corner. Clicking on it will give you thirty seconds to record an animated Memoji. It will also have sound.
Additionally, you can also take things a step further and add a Memoji head directly to your face. While this requires a device with Face ID, it can be really fun to send photos and videos with your Memoji head to friends and family.
How to create a photo or video with Memoji
To create a picture or video with a Memoji head, follow these steps:
- Open your Messages app and go to the person you want to send a photo or video to.
- Tap the camera icon.
- Tap a video or a photo, depending on what you want to send.
- From the camera, tap the star icon in the lower left corner.
- The app bar will appear. Select the Memoji app.
- Select the Memoji you want to use and then press X.
You can then take a photo or video using your Memoji head. If it’s a photo, you’ll also have some editing options.
- You can then send your photo to your Messages with the blue arrow.
In this way, Memojis react to your facial features and mimic them. It’s a great way to have a little fun while messaging friends, family, or coworkers. Try it and see what you can produce.
Memojis can be a lot of fun and a great way to add some fun to a chat.
Be sure to follow along Mac Observer For more tips and tricks.