ENGLEWOOD CLIFFS, NJ—LG Electronics launched a variety of new channels on its free streaming service, LG Channels, bringing the total to 350+ channels.
The discovery highlights how smart TV makers are ramping up their content and ad offerings in a way that puts competitive pressure on streaming media device providers like Roku, Google, Apple and Amazon. Sales of these devices (opens in new tab) A slight decline is expected this year, S&P’s Kagan said.
Since its introduction to LG’s webOS platform, LG Channels has become one of the top 6 apps on webOS in the US in terms of airtime, with average daily growth of 40% compared to 2021 usage, according to LG.
LG began producing content for its channels with the recent release of The Rivalries, a docu-series about college sports’ fiercest yet lesser-known rivalries.
The new channels in the US are:
- Fear Factor (US Channel 332) Produced by distributor Banijay, Fear Factor features contestants overcoming their fears for a chance to win $50,000.
- Deal or No Deal (US Channel 330) From producer-distributor Banijai, Deal Or No Deal is a new game show where contestants compete against nerves, luck and raw instincts for the ultimate cash prize.
- All Real (US Channel 285) All Real from producer and distributor Banijai is the home of popular reality TV. From Taste of Love to Ray J’s Love, relive your favorite moments from the funniest and funniest reality shows of the 2000s.
- Wipeout Xtra (US Channel 331) Wipeout Xtra from producer-distributor Banijay is home to a physics-based and thrilling game show where you witness unexpected challenges.
- The Biggest Loser (US Channel 101) Producer-distributor Banijay’s show “The Biggest Loser” features contestants on a quest to transform their bodies and lives with the help of health professionals.
- Elvis Presley Channel (US Channel 320) Cinedigm’s Elvis Presley Channel features non-stop Elvis content inspired by the King of Rock & Roll and other classics.
- Stingray SPA (US Channel 910) Relax your mind, body and soul with pure instrumental electro-acoustic music.
- Stingray Easy Listening (US Channel 912) Relax with easy listening to hits from your favorite artists.
- Stingray Smooth Jazz (US Channel 911) Explore today’s hottest jazz artists with smooth flowing sounds featuring melodic and stylish guitar, saxophone, piano and trumpet.