You can transfer FaceTime calls between your Mac and another device when you’re signed in with the same Apple ID.
Your devices need macOS Ventura 13, iOS 16, iPadOS 16 or later to broadcast a FaceTime call. Each device must also be connected to the same Wi-Fi network and have Bluetooth and Handoff enabled.
During a FaceTime call, do any of the following:
• Continue a FaceTime call on your Mac: Click Transfer a call to this Mac or click the FaceTime icon in the menu bar, then click the Switch button.
• Continue a FaceTime call on your iPhone or iPad: Tap Transfer Call [device] Or tap the FaceTime button at the top of the screen, then tap the Switch button.
To return the call to the original device, click or tap the Switch button.
MacDailyNews note: Use Handoff with any Mac, iPhone, iPad, or Apple Watch that meets Continuity System requirements.
Handoff works when your devices are close to each other and are set as follows:
• Each device is signed into iCloud with the same Apple ID.
To see the Apple ID used by Apple Watch, open the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, then go to General > Apple ID.
• Each device is Bluetooth and Wi-Fi enabled.
• Each device has Handoff enabled.
• Mac with macOS Ventura or later: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click General in the sidebar, then click AirDrop & Handoff on the right. Enable “Allow Handoff between this Mac and iCloud devices.”
• Mac with earlier versions of macOS: Choose Apple menu > System Preferences, click General, then select “Allow Handoff between this Mac and your iCloud devices.”
iPhone or iPad: Go to Settings > General > AirPlay & Handoff, then turn on Handoff.
• Apple Watch: In the Apple Watch app on your iPhone, tap General and turn on Enable Handoff. Apple Watch supports streaming from your watch to iPhone or Mac.
How to use Handoff:
- Open an app that works with Handoff. Apps that work with Handoff include Safari, Mail, Maps, Reminders, Calendar, Contacts, Pages, Numbers, Keynote, FaceTime* and many third-party apps.
Use the app to start a task, such as writing an email or document.
To switch to your Mac, click the Handoff app icon in the Dock.
To switch on your iPhone or iPad, open the App Switcher as you would when switching between apps, then tap the app’s banner at the bottom of the screen.
TGIF! Dear interns, please, please, begin your most sacred duty and tap That Keg™! Prosto, everyone! 🍻🍻🍻
Please help support MacDailyNews. Click or tap here to support us independent Technical blog. Thank you!
Shop the Apple Store at Amazon.