We will discuss how to fix your split keyboard on iPad. Is your iPad’s on-screen keyboard split in half and you don’t want it to be? Need it to be a regular keyboard that you know and trust?
Follow this handy guide to make sure you’re using the keyboard you want to use with iPad.
How to fix a split keyboard on your iPad
The iPad keyboard can be divided into two different parts. While this may be ideal for some, it can also be irritating for others.
The following iPad models support split keyboard:
- iPad mini (5th generation and later)
- iPad (5th to 9th generation)
- iPad Air (3rd generation)
- iPad Pro 9.70 inches
- iPad Pro 10.5 inches
If you want to repair your split keyboard, just follow these steps:
- Open your keyboard by tapping on the text field. Going to your Notes, web browser, or Messages is the fastest method.
- In the lower right corner of the keyboard, find the keyboard button.
- Hold this button and swipe up to select merger. This will bring your keyboard back, but it will probably still be in the middle of the screen. The keyboard will probably need to be fixed.
- If you want to put your keyboard together and at the bottom of the screen, select it Dock and Merge.
Your keyboard will now be one solid piece again and if you Dock and MergeIt will also be at the bottom of the screen.
How to disable split keyboard for iPad
For those who never think they’ll need this option, you can also disable the split keyboard parameters menu. Disabling the split keyboard ensures that it doesn’t accidentally split in two again.
To disable split keyboard, follow these simple steps:
- move on parameters app on your iPad.
- Select general.
- Go keyboard.
- find it Split keyboardand turn it off.
While a split keyboard can have quite a few uses, it’s definitely not for everyone. A split keyboard can be nice if you have a particularly large iPad, or great for thumb typing. Of course, this isn’t for everyone, so make sure you follow this guide if you want to never see Split Keyboard again.
Be sure to follow along Mac Observer For more tips and tricks.