Bhubaneswar: Odisha Vigilance Department has arrested an Assistant Engineer of Rayagada block of Gajapati district on charges of amassing disproportionate assets, which is more than 126% of his known sources of income.
Dilip Kumar Sahu, Assistant Engineer of Rayagada Block in Gajapati, was arrested by Odisha Vigilance and forwarded to the Court of Special Judge, Vigilance, Berhampur on charges of possessing disproportionate assets, which he could not account for satisfactorily.
In this regard, Berhampur Vigilance Police Station Case No. 28 dated 18.12.2022 has been registered against Assistant Engineer Dilip Kumar Sahu and his wife under section 13(2) r/w 13(1)(b)/12 PC Act. 1988 as amended by the PC (Amendment) Act, 2018.
During the search of the house, the following movable and immovable properties were found in the name of Assistant Engineer Dilip Kumar Sahu and his family members;
- A 3 bhk flat in Spectrum Malti Residency at Gopabandhu Nagar, PS-Gosaninuagaon, Berhampur.
- Part of ancestral house at Jyoti Nagar, Berhampur.
- Single storey house at Vijay Vihar, Berhampur.
- 12 plots in prime area in and around Berhampur.
- Cash Rs. 2.76 lakhs.
- Gold and silver jewellery, 1 two-wheeler and household items etc., whose value exceeds Rs 17.02 lakh.
After thorough search, inventory and further questioning, the accused Assistant Engineer was found to be in possession of disproportionate assets, expenditure and assets which are 126% more than his known sources of income. Vigilance said that the matter is being investigated.